First Aid Mental Health (MHFA) enables the learner to recognise common signs and symptoms of an individual whose mental health may be in crisis and to assist them through implementing the mental health first aid action plan. The learner will gain awareness of mental health conditions and how to support and empathise with individuals who are going through a difficult time. The learner will gain knowledge in what signs maybe concerning and when to seek professional help for the individual.
Knowing what mental health is and why people may develop mental health conditions and the role of a Mental Health First Aider,
● Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental
● Know how to recognise and manage stress.
● Know how to recognise and identify a range mental conditions and suicide.
● Understanding the impact of substance abuse on mental health
● Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
● Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.