The aim of this Patient Manual Handling Course is to provide learners with the knowledge, skill and attitude to perform Patient Manual Handling tasks safety.
This is to ensure that the organisation is compliance with the HSA’s requirements.
Patient Manual Handling Course learning outcomes:
On completion of this Patient Manual Handling Course you will be able to:
- List the duty of the employers and employees in relation to patient manual handling
- Explain the purpose composition and characteristics of the main parts of the spinal column and explain their relevance to patient manual handling
- Identify hazards associated with patient manual handling tasks
- List the equipment available to avoid or reduce the risks associated with patient manual handling tasks
- Explain the importance of good nutrition fitness to manual handling
- Perform patient manual handing tasks in accordance with the principles of safe manual handling.
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Mechanical Equipment
- Fitness & Flexibility
- Principles of safe Manual Handling
- Patient Manual Handling moves: Sitting up, turning, standing, walking and sitting
- Dealing with a falling and fallen patient
- Use of hoist
- Use of enablers such as banana boards & turntables
This Patient Manual Handling course is delivered over two hours.
On successful completion of this Patient Manual Handling Course learners will receive a Patient Manual Handling certificate